Tuesday 28 January 2014

Valentines Day Heart Tree Tutorial


This heart tree is a cute valentines day craft,  it's also very easy to make!

Items you’ll need to create this craft:
Sticks
Krylon Spray Sparkles
Red & Pink Construction Paper
Brown Twine
Vintage Jar or Vase
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors

**You can purchase majority of these items from Wal-mart.





Step 1: Time to pick up sticks. I am very fortunate to have a forest on my mom’s property. Therefore, I was able to cut some tiny branches off some trees and use them as my sticks. Another way to find sticks is to take a walk/drive to a forest or park and cut some tiny branches off some trees. At this point make sure you have a jar or vase to put your sticks into, this way you can cut your sticks accordingly to your vases size.













Step 2: Lay your sticks on some cardboard and spray them with some sparkly Krylon paint. The spray makes the sticks look stained and sparkly, giving the sticks a girly touch.
































Step 3: Now that the sticks are drying, take some red & pink construction paper and start cutting out little hearts. I used one piece of each colored paper and had plenty of hearts for my tree.






























Step 4: When the sticks are completely dry, put them back into your vase. Now you can start gluing the hearts on your tree branches, the more the merrier! Once the hearts are glued on, I used my twine and wrapped it around the lid of my jar. The twine gives my jar a vintage look!


I hope you guys enjoyed this valentine’s crafts as much as I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment