Sunday 12 January 2014

DIY Succulent Crown Jars


Hey Lovelies!

 This week’s craft was one of my favorites so far. I’ve been looking for succulents and tillandsias everywhere and I finally found them at the Bradford Green House Garden Gallery for a decent price. Before planting, make sure to do a little research on how to look after your succulent. These plants need to be watered regularly and they need a certain amount of sunlight. This blog, A pair & a spare explains exactly how to look after you’re succulent. Succulents look excellent anywhere in the house/office, they also work great as gifts for friends and family.  

Items you’ll need:
Jars
Succulents
Planting Soil
Sand
Charcoal
Stones

Step 1: Put stones in the bottom of your jars. The stones create a filtering system so your succulent doesn’t drown. Make sure to put 1-2 inches of stones in the bottom.

Step 2: Now place some soil on the rocks, use your hands to pack down the soil. Now you can put charcoal and sand down. I didn’t use charcoal or sand because I couldn’t find them anywhere!

Step 3: With the dirt or sand down, place the succulent on top of the dirt. Make sure to pack more dirt around the edges of the succulent so that the succulent is snug. The soil is usually moist so just add a little water to your succulent once its planted. I wanted my succulents to sit deeper into my jars but the leaves wouldn’t fit in. However, I liked the way my succulents turned out!

**These succulents would also work great for wedding centerpieces! 









No comments:

Post a Comment